The Local Budget Process
A. BUDGET PREPARATION
1. Issue the Budget Call
2. Prepare and Submit Budget Proposals
3. Conduct Budget Hearings and Evaluate Budget Proposals
4. Prepare Local Expenditure Program
B. BUDGET AUTHORIZATION
1. Enact the Appropriation Ordinance
2. Approved the Appropriation Ordinance
3. Post the Appropriation Ordinance
4. Forward copies of the approved Appropriation Ordinance to the
C. BUDGET REVIEW
1. Check the Appropriation Ordinance with the Appended Budget
2. Review the Appropriation Ordinance.
3. Issue the Review Action.
D. BUDGET EXECUTION
1. Release of Allotments on the Basis of the authorized and
approved Appropriation Ordinance.
2. Prepare the Summary of Financial and Physical Targets and cash
3. Obligate and Disburse Funds.
4. Adjust cash programs for shortages and overages.
5. Implement corrective measures as proposed by the Local Finance Committee
and approved by the Local Chief Executive.
E. BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Monitor receipts and expenditures.
2. Submit accountability reports.
3. Evaluate performance of each department/office.
A. Program. Budget Management Program
1. Review and consolidate budget proposals of different
Departments and offices of the Local Government Unit.
2. Assist the Local Chief Executive in the preparation of the
Annual and supplemental budgets.
3. Assist the Sangguniang Bayan in the review of the budget.
4. Review the annual and supplemental budgets of Barangays.
5. Submit required reports.
6. Certify the existence of appropriation.